Singapore’s oldest yakitori restaurant, Nanbantei (#05-132 Far East Plaza)
It’s been serving up grilled skewers for 30 years, and our Japanese friends in Singapore say they’re as good as what they get back home.
What to order:
– Asparagus Maki, sweet baby asparagus stems wrapped in unctuous pork bacon.
– Tebasaki (Chicken Wings), crisp-skinned wings with juicy flesh that come clean off the bone.
– Bonjiri (Chicken Buttocks), fatty bite-sized pieces of meat that melt in the mouth.
– Sake Harasu (Salmon Belly), wonderfully moist slabs of pink fish with a slightly smoky char.
– Ginnan (Gingko Nuts), chewy gingko nuts seasoned with salt – simple yet tasty.