Stewed Mushroom with Chicken & Tom Yum Soup
What a weather…
Time for some comfort food.
As I have stopped work recently, time to venture into the kitchen and try out new recipes as well as traditional ones.
Today, it is Stewed Mushroom with Chicken.
– Ginger (120grams, sliced)
– Garlic (5 cloves, chopped)
– Sesame oil (5 tbsp)
– Chicken breast (350grams, diced)
– Soaked Chinese mushrooms (100 grams)
– Water (500ml)
– Rock Sugar (10 grams)
– Light Soya Sauce (2 tbsp)
– Dark soya sauce (1 tsp)
– Pepper (1/2 tsp) & salt to taste
1. Fry ginger and garlic in sesame oil until fragrant.
2. Add in the chicken and soaked mushroom and stir-fry for a while.
3. Add in water, rock sugar, soya sauces, pepper and salt. Mix well.
4. Lower the flame and simmer for 10 minutes.
Tom Yum Soup
– A couple of Kaffir Lime Leaves
– A few stalks of Lemon Grass
– Galanga (Asian ginger)
– Lemon juice
– Fish sauce
– Fresh Red chilli
– Crab meat
– Straw mushrooms (I used those from a can)
– Sotong / Tintenfish / Cuttlefish
– About 1 litre of homemade chicken stock
1. Using a non-stick pot, fry garlic in some oil.
2. Without waiting for the garlic to turn crispy, add the homemade chicken stock, galanga and lemon grass. Bring it to boil.
3. Add in the straw mushrooms, prawns, fish, cuttlefish and bring to boil. Add in the crab meat and lime leaves.
4. Season with fish sauce, lemon juice and palm sugar. Taste. Add in more fish sauce/sugar according to your preference.
5. Add in the red chilli. I put in only 4 small slices of it.
6. For a thicker and richer version, you can add in coconut milk.